Followers

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Constant Struggle

It's a constant struggle to stay focused on simple living, on consuming less while enjoying life's simpler pleasures more. I vow to renew my commitment to simple living beginning today. Therefore, instead of stopping on the way home to buy more groceries, I resolve to make do with what is on hand--just for today. I hope to make the same pledge for tomorrow. We need bread, so I'll have to go home and bake something...maybe the 90-minute dinner roll recipe, or a simple beer bread (3 cups self-rising flour, very scant 1/4 cup sugar, 1 can room temp beer mixed then placed in bread pan, with 3 tbs. melted butter on top and adding 4 tbs. melted butter partway through baking in 350 degree oven.) yes, that's the ticket!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...