Followers

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Take with frozen doughnuts; Extreme Frugality guy is back!

My ear's still pounding like the ocean during a hurricane, despite two nights of steroids/decongestants-induced insomnia. Though I'd hoped to get by with a phoned in RX, guess I'm gonna have to go see the doc after all. Meantime, I will wonder about these possible causes found by googling: injury caused by earphones at too high a volume (bought these in hopes to avoid that problem in future) or prolonged hyperextension of neck (a problem for bicyclists and maybe couch-sitters. When I spotted this cause, I realized that since rearranging the furniture, I've got a lot of tension in my neck when watching the telly). Oh, well, it's always something!
On a brighter note, Extreme Frugality writer W. Hodding Carter is back. Used to follow him back before Gourmet Magazine went defunct, but just now realized he's back writing for Gourmet Live. Yea! If looking for some motivation in frugal living, check him out: Extreme Frugality: Well, Nobody's Perfect.
   Time for me to go get updated on the heartbreaking, ongoing saga over at Our Simple Lives. Mark's blog has been amusing me for some time now, but now his loving family is threatened by discrimination/deportation. Thanks, Practical, for giving me the idea to share his story here. Now, why didn't I think of that? (His four beautiful children's faces are enough to compel me to get off this couch and write a letter of support to Secretary Janet Napolitano, Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Washington, D.C. 20528.)
   Hope everyone has a splendid weekend. And for all those couch sitters like me: Be Careful Out There!

4 comments:

Practical Parsimony said...

Thanks for furnishing me with the address! I read something by Hodding Carter and was impressed. Good information. I like the "nobody's perfect."

ff said...

Oh, no good! Be careful with steroids...I had a doc tell me one time that they can literally cause you to go crazy if they keep you up too much/too long. Speaking of drugs...have you considered ototoxic drugs as a cause for your ear problems? I hope everything turns out okay and changes back to health quickly!
Thanks for all the new links! I can't wait to check them out! Feel better soon!

Annie at Haphazard Homestead said...

I haven't had a doughnut in a long time...those look really good!

Going to check out the Extreme Frugality link now. :)

Kimmie said...

Hope you are feeling better soon lovely.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...