Followers

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Making over flopped Amish Friendship Bread; Free garden seeds at TreeHugger

My Cranberry Walnut Bread Pudding with Vanilla Sauce is a riff on Charlie Trotter's Cinnamon-Raisin Bread Pudding with Vanilla Anglaise. Actually riffed on his Cinnamon-Cranberry Bread Pudding recipe but couldn't find the recipe online, and you know I am too LAZY to type it up myself! I used 3/4 cup of dried cranberries and 3/4 cup of chopped walnuts with the last of the Amish Friendship Bread that was in the freezer. I'd screwed up one batch of the Amish bread by forgetting to add oil, but the bread pudding recipe made DRY AS TOAST friendship bread into something moist and yummy! (My vanilla sauce recipe is much simpler than Charlie's: Put 1/2 cup melted butter, 1/2 cup canola oil, 1 cup milk, 1 tsp. vanilla extract into a small pan, add 1 cup sugar with 3 tablespoons flour whisked into it. Cook and stir 'til the sauce thickens and coats the spoon.)
Hey, check this out over at TreeHugger's site: "5 Ways to Get Free Seeds for Your Garden." Okay, time for me to get off the computer and do some seriously mindless activity for awhile. Such a BUSY day...my brain could use a rest! *wink* What mindless activity is in store for you tonight?

6 comments:

ff said...

Looks yummy! I'm heading over to treehugger right now...I'm getting serious about growing my own stuff this year.

Anonymous said...

Mindlessly knitting whilst catching up on my TV programmes.

Actually that's not a bad night!

Unknown said...

Oh ...did you have to post that yummo picture. I'm trying to shed some excess weight! Haha
Reading blogs while watch some tv tonight for me. Susan (maa)

Melinda said...

Mmmmmm, that looks delicious!! :) I've been busy all day and could do with some mindless activity myself. :)

MegSmith @ Cooking.In.College said...

Nothing saves a flopped baked item like bread pudding!

Looks great!

yummylittlecooks said...

Hi Dmarie, I have an award for you, please feel free to pick up from my blog :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...