Followers

Friday, May 13, 2011

Barefoot Contessa's Chunky Blue Cheese and Yogurt Dip

This Gorgonzola Dip pairs perfectly with lightly steamed asparagus.
Trouble with blogger yesterday--maybe I can post today!
   I tried a new recipe Wednesday: Barefoot Contessa's Chunky Blue Cheese and Yogurt Dip. (Links to the kitchen blog of Border's Bookstore. Click for the recipe then scroll down the page a bit.) 
   Now, I'm not much of a blue cheese fan myself; one of the others in my "cook the book" group chose this recipe. And I'm glad they did!
   The point with our cooking group was to get me out of my comfort zone. My original idea was to pick a complicated cookbook to get me to use techniques I'm too lazy to use often, but this book turned out to be a much better idea! Barefoot Contessa's How Easy Is That? cookbook contains recipes I'd never choose myself; and I'm really enjoying broadening my palate's horizon, so to speak.
   More and more I'm finding that foods I didn't used to like really do it for me now. Gotta love that!
   Happy Friday the 13th!! Hope you have a terrific time this weekend!! 
Original recipe calls for Tabasco--I was out of it!
This recipe couldn't be easier--just a few pulses to combine.
Add the minced chives last and pulse just a couple more times & DONE!

3 comments:

cathy@home said...

I love dip and smelly cheese that looks realy tasty i wonder what its like with Jacket poatoes

Anonymous said...

hmmmmhh..looks so delicious, will surely try it. I love dips, especially baked potatoes and a dip..;)thanks!

sarah

Dmarie said...

hey, you two have given me a great idea for using the rest of the dip. potatoes...why didn't I think of that? thanks!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...