Followers

Friday, May 27, 2011

This moment: Only men's bathroom I wouldn't mind seeing again!

Not the sort of title you'd expect on a woman's blog, eh? Well, our recent discussions about vintage stuff being better than new reminded me of Nashville's circa 1910 Hermitage Hotel and its men's fully restored-back-to-original art deco restroom. The plaque pictured below seems to invite women to take a looksie, so when we visited the hotel a couple of year's ago, Hubby made sure the coast was clear, and I stepped into the most incredible hotel bathroom I have ever seen.
   Only other place I've been where "jaw-dropping views" may be found in a bathroom is the skyline view of Chicago from the women's bathroom on the 96th floor of the John Hancock Center. I'd found in a travel book advice to visit that restroom! As Chicagologue.com says, "If you’ve made your way to the 96th floor Signature Lounge, be sure to check out the women’s bathroom. One wall is vertigo-inducing floor-to-ceiling glass that provides a near-vertical look down to the street."
   When we travel for fun (even on day trips), I love checking out places on the U.S. National Register of Historic Places, and we've stumbled on a number of fabulous historic hotels that way.
   How about it...care to share your most unexpected view found when traveling? Aren't you glad it's Friday? May the bluebird of happiness sprinkle some happy, vintage surprises throughout your day!! 
Imagine chairs for sitting in while getting your shoes shined...in a restroom!
Sorry this one's so dark, but I snapped pics in a hurry, as you might imagine!
See? The hotel plaque invites women to "steal a look."
Thanks to Soulemama for this Friday photo sharing concept. Please feel free to share a link to your moment.

10 comments:

Mark said...

Is it okay to say that a mensroom is pretty? Cuz it is!
Have a great weekend! m.

Dmarie said...

Mark, I agree! the women should be so lucky...the women's restroom at the Hermitage was forgettable! ha

Food Glorious Food! said...

This is amazing! Never seen a pretty mens bathroom!

Lindy Mint said...

I was going to ask what the women's restroom looked like, but I see you've answered. Too funny. I think they may have gotten more bang for their buck if they'd restored the women's instead. I wouldn't think too many men would be as excited. But I could be wrong. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment! Very cool looking blog!

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment! I'm excited to read more of your posts!
-Sarah

Sarah said...

Thanks for the comment! I'm excited to read more of your posts!
-Sarah

Sarah said...

Thanks for the comment! I'm excited to read more of your posts!
-Sarah

Practical Parsimony said...

Wow! Unique. Mind-boggling.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...