Followers

Friday, November 5, 2010

Barefoot Contessa's panko-crusted salmon

Some friends & I have decided to cook together (in our own kitchens, in our different cities) from Barefoot Contessa's new book, How Easy Is That? This was our first recipe & it really WAS super easy...who'd have thought?! ;)
the crumbs, etc., before stirring with olive oil
The salmon fillets, each coated with 1/2 tablespoon of dijon mustard & topped with the crumb mixture.      
   Pictured here just out of the oven, ready to be tented with foil & set to rest an additional 10 min. to cook itself the rest of the way through.
   Tasted delish with a last minute squeeze of lemon. Thanks, Barefoot Contessa--Ina Garten! If the rest of the book's recipe's are this good & easy, I highly recommend Barefoot Contessa How Easy Is That?
   Can I make this more cheaply? I think I can. Next time I'm going to substitute canned wild salmon and make salmon patties. We'll see how that works! 

3 comments:

Chris Shoemaker said...

I've fixed this recipe before and am making it again tonight. I love Ina's new cookbook and the recipes are very easy and good. My brother who is a west coast food snob was looking at this cookbook and went out and purchased it for himself. That's high praise indeed!

Dmarie said...

we've fixed it again too. definitely a recipe worth bookmarking and repeating!

Spike said...

This is a great recipe and really easy to make. Thanks for sharing and thank you for the sweet comment on my blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...