Followers

Thursday, March 17, 2011

On my mind: Cute as a button, literally


Made a day trip to Louisville, Kentucky, t'day so the mumsy could buy a couple of sewing machines from her 97-year-old aunt who now resides in amazingly fine health in a nursing home. I unexpectedly ended up being gifted with a hodge podge of buttons that were collected through the years by my great aunt, who once made her living as a seamstress. Soo tickled to get these, as I'd been wanting to make over a boring cardigan with some nicer buttons...will let you know how that turns out!
   This funky wagon happened to be in Great Aunt H's neighbor's yard. Love it when a day throws nice little surprises my way! Any sweet surprises brighten your day?

Thanks, Rhonda at down-to-earth, for sharing this On My Mind concept. Anything on your mind? Share your link here or on down-to-earth.

10 comments:

Practical Parsimony said...

After two miserably overcast days, today I woke to clear blue skies, fluffy clouds, temperatures in 70s. That is a sweet surprise to me no matter how many days it happens.

Becky said...

LOVE the wagon! Someone is quite the Artist around there. And those buttons are a REAL Treasure!

BLD in MT said...

Oooh, I bet you got some really neat vintage ones there! How fun to sort through!

And that is some paint job! People are so talented it amazes me.

Anonymous said...

Score! What a terrific new stash of buttons. The old wagon is also particularly wonderful...

Ro from Earthdownunder said...

I remember playing with buttons for hours as a kid. Thanks for such a lovely memory. The car is cool too!

I spyed your cake recipes. Love them! I have two big pineapples about to be turned into your recipe
Thanks!

singlemama said...

I loooooove buttons!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhh buttons! I LOVE vintage buttons, and I love them even more when they are gifted to me! I inherited my grandmother's collection and have used them for many many projects. They add a wonderful touch to any project, especially the heirloom-y type.

Love the wagon too! :D

Tania said...

I don't think you can ever have too many buttons. I love going through button jars. Lucky you!

Susan said...

Wow, love the car! It's beaut when photo opportunities show up like that isn't it.
What a bonanza of buttons too - you'll come up with lots of great ideas for them too, I just know it :D)

Colleen said...

I use great bottons like those to make rings with. I cut the shank off the button and glue them to ring forms and they look great. Even if I say so myself.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...