Followers

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Eating Coconut Cake fits in with this Independence Challenge

Baked this Three Day Coconut Cake before The China Study got me interested in eating less animal protein/eggs/dairy. I've some ideas on how to make this cake a tad healthier but maybe even tastier for the next time I make it. Meantime, Hubby and I have to finish eating the hunk of it that I just took out of the freezer, so there's no worry about me fulfilling my "Waste Not" challenge for today! ;)
Just learned of an intriguing challenge over on The Good Life Down Under. Chatelaine's Key's Independence Challenge calls for daily advances--and weekly accountability--in each of these categories:
  • Plant something:
  • Harvest something:
  • Preserve something:
  • Waste not:
  • Want Not:
  • Eat the Food:
  • Build community food systems:
  • Skill up: 
   With such a challenge, even if I were to fail miserably in some categories, an increased focus on moving forward in each category would doubtless lead to great successes as well, don'cha'know. Viva la Independence Challenge! What do you think? Doable?

7 comments:

Tami said...

How did you know I dreamed of coconut cake last night? OH YUM!!!

Linda said...

That cake looks so pristine and deeelicious! Okay, now I have to go eat.

Lynda said...

The Challenge is very doable. I have been doing it since last year. I'm not always on track, but it's sure fun to try. I also suggest reading her book Independence Days if you haven't already...good stuff.

Now..I'm pulling out the things I need to make my own coconut cake..shame on you! Yummy!

Deanna said...

That sounds like an intriguing challenge. I'll have to give that one some thought.

Sokehah cheah said...

Yes, I totally agree with 'Waste not'.

Annie at Haphazard Homestead said...

Hmm...the challenge thing sounds interesting, but I'll have to look at it a little closer before I'm ready to commit.

Melinda said...

Mmmmm, just made a vegan chocolate cake with coconut frosting today... it was delicious!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...