Followers

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Quick family get together--mostly just desserts

Yeah, quick family get togethers may be the easiest entertaining there is. We'd gathered for a BIG meal on Thursday night, so a hot Saturday night seemed to call for no more than just some simple desserts. These super easy Cherries-n-Cream Parfaits got the most attention.

MIL brought her much-beloved pecan pie. Made with Karo pancake syrup, this is one sweeeet gooey yummy pie!
Hubby's plate from the Thursday night family get together at Moonlite Bar-B-Q Inn. Not in the mood to strap on a feed bag that night, I ordered off the menu instead of going the buffet. The buffet on a Thursday night runs $13.50; whereas, my chopped pork plate was $8.25, and I took home enough for Hubby's lunch another day!

13 comments:

Practical Parsimony said...

His plate looks sooo good. I love bbq.

rainintorainbows said...

I *adore* pecan pie. It's my specialty, in fact. I've never made it with Karo pancake syrup, just the light corn syrup. I seriously, seriously love it. In fact, I may have to make one now.

Barb. said...

I like that you are using *real* plates,glasses and servietes, not throwaway stuff. It ven looks better than the paper stuff and so much nicer to eat from.

Barb.

Barefeet In The Kitchen said...

I love casual family get-togethers, especially ones centered around the desserts.

alison@thisbloominglife said...

Mmm dessert...keep it coming. Wish we had a buffet like that near us.

Mary said...

Oh MY! Where is the BBQ mutton? My Daddy used to dig a pit and roast a rack of mutton over hickory every fall. The Moonlite is the closest to that I've ever found!

And how else do you make a pecan pie? ;)

Susan said...

I love what can be done in parfait glasses. I sneak in some yoghurt amongst the sweeter concoctions... no one's the wiser ;D)
That pecan pie looks divine by the way!!

Mark said...

Well, it looks like you finally got your "just desserts"!
Yummy!
m.

5 Star Foodie said...

Nice eats here, the pecan pie looks especially fantastic.

Sonia (Nasi Lemak Lover) said...

nice gathering and a lot of good foods.

reginascottage said...

hi
that looks soooooooooooooo good!!!!!
have a nice day,
regina

femmefrugality said...

Mmmmm I love these family get togethers and potlucks. Everyone seems to bring their A-game. Adding you to my blogroll!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

What a feast!! Family get togethers are so much fun. Your parfaits look delicious - it is easy to see why they were a favourite.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...