Followers

Monday, September 26, 2011

Meatless Monday: leftover veggie soup, quick cobbler

Made a quick veggie soup Saturday with a can of Bush's Black Bean Fiesta, a pint of my homemade tomato juice, sweet potatoes, peas, sweet peppers and a bit o' this and that seasonings. I know, I know, that's not many veggies, but I was in a hurry! And these raw cashews were leftover from our camping rations, so I tossed them into my bowl. Guess what? YUM! (Who'd have thought?)
Quick Cherry-Pineapple Cobbler. (NOTE: I used 20 ounces crushed pineapple, half a cup of nuts.) Had some of this gooey/crunchy sweet stuff on cheat day before freezing some, but the rest Hubby will eventually devour. Remind me not to post dessert photos at night when I'm feeling a bit peckish and cheat day's way too far away!
It's been a looong day but a good one. Just now getting to sit down.
   Hubby's watching Terra Nova on the boob tube. I'm watching it with one eye...while complaining about it out of the side of my mouth. Why do writers still write damsel in distress roles for so many females? C'mon, she looked fierce enough with gun in hand just before she cowered while some guy shot the dinosaur that was eating on their compadre's leg. Aarrgh!
   In fairness to the show, maybe I missed all the strong female roles while writing this? Anyway, too late to be on the PC anyway. I've found I get to sleep faster if I turn it off an hour before bed. Yeah, never too old for beddy-bye rituals! ;)
   Anything new on TV this season that we should check out? We usually turn the thing on a couple of hours at night, especially in winter. And if I'm not getting too--*ahem*--personal, care to share any bedtime rituals that ease you into Shut Eye Town?

7 comments:

Kimmie said...

Oh they look tasty!

Practical Parsimony said...

That dessert is killing me! Yum!

Sue said...

I just do the standard reading in bed before bedtime to get tired and ready for a good sleep.

We turned the cable back on for winter at the beginning of September and still haven't watched it for more than a few minutes. There seems to be some VERY stupid programming on now. We always end up shutting it off right away. Maybe mid-winter we'll appreciate it (?) more......

Niki said...

Oh my gosh that dessert has got me drooling! I think I ruined my keyboard.

~Carla~ said...

Your meals look delicious!! The nuts would literally kill me, but a girl can dream! lol!

I have an APP on my iPad I listen to while I fall asleep... It's soothing & relaxing. I just love it! :)

Lillabilly said...

Ah...Terra Nova's been advertised here (Australia) too...my hubby's already put it on the "must watch" list...so at least I will be prepared for the damsel in distress moments! (I feel the same way aboutthem as you!) And by the way, that dessert looks like it's completely yumalicious!!

Anonymous said...

I have to read before I go to sleep, even if it is only a couple of pages.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...