Followers

Monday, April 4, 2011

Oh, yes, I used every last lip-full!

Back before I ever worried over packaging waste, I started using a lip brush to get every last smidgen of lipstick from its tube. Why start this oh-so-frugal practice? Because they discontinued my favorite color lipstick! Wish I had every not-entirely-used up tube I'd ever bought...that last little bit seemed to last forever!
   The metal tube pictured here has finally been used in it's entirety, so Hubby removed the plastic insides and tossed the metal part in his scrap metal bin.

   In case you're wondering what's worth getting all dolled up over...Why, Chewy Peanut Butter Bars!

   Easy-to-make peanut butter cookies are always worth smiling over!


Chewy Peanut Butter Bars 
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
Cream together the sugars and the butters. Add remaining ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined. Pat into a 13"x9" baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.

It's cloudy and raining here in Kentucky. Hope you're finding something worth smiling about in your neck of the woods?!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes it's amazing how much lipstick you get out of that last bit in the bottom. You can send a bit of that rain here if you like-I love it. Have a fantastic day. Maa.

Anonymous said...

Oh My Love "Peanut Butter" bars, cookies...
Here in Michigan the wind was blowing very hard through out night and the temps went upto 70 degrees...Woke this morning to 55!!
April showers Bring May Flowers...and The wind...Well it can blow Kansas into Michigan..! LOL

Practical Parsimony said...

I tried using a lip brush, but it tickles/itches me and I end up rubbing/scratching all the lipstic off and ruining any perfect line I made. I do keep all those tubes in the bathroom and in a table beside my chair. I used the back of my finger nail or a tweezer to scrape it out and apply to lips with a finger. Wasting anything is a problem. But, this way, I don't have to buy a tube for my table drawer, a tube for bathroom, and a tube for my purse. My lip gloss that I buy in Revlon section gets scraped and then scraped again. No waste.

Susan said...

Lip brushes are great for getting that last little bit. My favourite colour is off the market so now I just use lip gloss :D)

MegSmith @ Cooking.In.College said...

Oh goodness those look absolutely amazing...I love pb cookies so in bar form I cannot even imagine how wonderful they would be!

I don't use lipstick but if I did I would totally do this :-)

Elizabeth said...

I love getting every last drop from something I've bought. It's always amazing how much is lurking at the bottom of the bottle / tube / tub etc.

Claud said...

I made these last night then brought a few into work and they were gone! They are easy to make and sooooo yummy! Thanks for the recipe.

Dmarie said...

@Claud, I'm a big fan of EASY!
@Elizabeth, yes, it amazes me too...bugs me about deodorants. haven't figured out how to get every last bit of those.
@Meg, I do this with chapsticks as well.
@Susan, I don't buy lipsticks anymore either, lip glosses have taken over the market, I guess.
@Practical, I use whatever is around to dig out my chapsticks...and there's one in every room!
@Blessings, I hope to remember your positive attitude next time it rains!
@Maa, hope you had a fantastic day yourself!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...