Followers

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Home again, home again, jiggity jig

Lazy camp lunch: salad (with dried cherries), cantaloupe and smoked oysters
Didn't forget my book-light this time. Yea! Got this book at our library's used book sale for a buck: The Best American Short Stories of the Century (John Updike Editor).
Only one slice of watermelon left that we brought from home, but Hubby was kind enough to share with me. He even gave me the HEART, no less. Now, that's love!
I've forgotten the name of this tree! All I can remember is that one of Hubby's childhood friends called it the "Son of a Bitch Tree," because it hurt like the dickens when a little boy walked too close to one unawares. 
One of the campground hosts was nice enough to plant some flowers in an unexpected spot. Hubby gets the best shots with his camera, but I have fun enough with my simple little camera. I used to be the shutterbug who wanted the fancy camera, but I ended up with a lifetime of shots without me in them. And I spent a lot of time behind a lens, maybe missing the real action. Now I just use my little camera to get what I get, and I don't sweat it much if I don't get the perfect shot!
Hope to find some time soon to share more of our camping trip in Ohio's Alum Creek State Park and our adventures at the Ohio State Fair. Meantime, have a fabulous weekend!!

7 comments:

Melinda said...

Oh how I love camping, it makes me smile just to look at YOUR photos! :) I bought my girls and I book lights for our trip this year, what little treasures since we all go to bed at slightly different times! Yikes, last piece of watermelon... at least he was kind enough to share. :) That tree looks treacherous, wouldn't want to take a stroll at night and come across that one! ;)

Shari said...

Another camping fan here! Nothing beats it, really.

Thanks so much for sharing. :-)

Susan said...

Always got to have a light to read by when camping - yeah!
Oh boy, that tree looks fearsome... great name for it.

Kimmie said...

I also adore camping *happy sigh*

Practical Parsimony said...

I am a confirmed non-camper! However, I am glad someone else can enjoy it. You just have to find the name of that tree. I have never seen or heard of a tree like that. Wouldn't a row of them make a great fence...lol...especially at night? I love to take pictures but have a cheap camera that makes me happy. I like your pictures. Lately, my pics are all out of focus. sigh I always wanted a book light. Now, I may just need a street light over my shoulder...lol.

Mary said...

Oh my goodness, that tree looks horrible! I might have named it something along those lines as well. Scary. Quite the deterrent though, if you bordered a property with them.

TexWisGirl said...

hi dmarie! thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment the other day! really appreciate it!

another blogger posted a pic of one of these trees and called it a locust tree - can't remember if it was a honey locust or some other type. we had one in our back woods when we first moved here and it finally died off - totally spiny SOB tree!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...